Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Trick-or-Treat Ya'll


I will admit I have not been on top of things this past week. Thanksgiving is peaking around the corner and I am finally getting my Halloween photos posted! Avery's 2nd birthday was celebrated over the past weekend, the girls have been sick off and on the past few weeks, and I feel like I have been running from one thing to another lately.

We had an enjoyable Friday night of trick-or-treating October 31st. Halloween evening is always good family time and I tend to do the same things each year: prepare a Halloween feast for the kids before they go out, simmer chili for Michael and I, and then get the kids dressed and out for the evening.


As usual, I bought waaaayyy too much candy. The basket in the photo is just one half of the candy. The rest was tucked away in a large plastic bowl to refuel the candy pot as it dwindled throughout the night.

Emma went dressed as Dora the Explorer this year and Avery was Dora's sidekick Boots the Monkey. Emma's costume had this crazy brown wig that went with it and it looked hilarious on, but of course she refused to wear it. I can't really blame her though, the wig didn't stay in place very well and kept flopping over her face.
Ryan was Batman this year and is still getting lots of use from his costume! All of the kids came home with plenty of candy and as usual, I am sure Michael's co-workers will be receiving a large bulk of it after the kids begin to forget that it is there.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes. I had no idea Avery was going as Boots! Very funny.Ryan makes an excellent Batman. Ok, back to work. Happy Birthday. Love, Me