Monday, November 23, 2009

Santa Christmas Pictures

Friday afternoon we took the kids to Cynthia Pace's photography studio downtown to have the kids picture made with Santa. I have been wanting to do this for years but with the kids fear of Santa when they were younger, it just wasn't worth the effort. This year seemed perfect since all four kids were comfortable around Santa (Eden hasn't developed the fear of course quite yet.)

Cynthia Pace does these gorgeous photos like the one above and I can't wait to see my proofs next week.

Since the kids were already decked out in the Christmas attire and I have no plans to dress them back up in it again until Christmas mass, I decided it would be a good time to stop off at the State House and take some photos of my own in the surrounding grounds.

As anyone with multiple children knows, it can be a real struggle sometimes to get everyone participating - NICELY - in the picture. And with our group, it can require a lot of shots and therefore some cranky children.

Here you can see how much fun the kids were having while I was trying to get just the right shot...

Avery looks like she is slowly being tortured and Emma is hunting for squirrel...



Ryan has learned it is just better to smile and try to get through it as quickly as possible.



I did, however, get these adorable pictures of the two girls together. And I must say this was not even a forced staged moment!

Luckily nobody fell off of the bench as usually happens in these sort of moments...

I took a couple of Eden once I got home. She hasn't learned about the many tortuous photography sessions she will have to endure quite yet, so she is still willing to smile!

No comments: