Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Home Tour

I love everything about the fall season - the highly anticipated cooler weather, the changing leaves, selecting pumpkins, picking apples and finally pulling out warm cozy sweaters. I love the warm fall color palette and decorating with dark yellow, orange, green and brown.

I am slowly getting my fall decorations in place and thought I'd share what we've got so far. I am certainly not a decorating expert and have to work mostly with what I've stored up over the years but I have picked up a few new things for this fall season that I just couldn't resist (that is what I tell my husband!)


My formal dining room was really bugging me lately. My off white tablecloth wasn't cutting it anymore and had a nice round stain from the last holiday season. Soooo...I have been on the lookout for a new table runner (or runners in this case.) I found both of these marked down at Pier 1 and love how the color ties into the room colors already in place.


Several years ago, I ordered bundles of wheat online for a fraction of the price they sell at the store. I think they have circulated to a different room in the house each year. This year they are propped up on my entryway table.


My fall mantle...I don't like my mantle to be cluttered with lots of decorations so I try and pick out a few seasonal things to put on display. And please ignore the weird orange light on Ryan's portrait - that is just due to my amateur photography skills!


I finally changed out the throw pillows on our family room couch. I found these two on clearance at World Market and loved how the colors blend so well with my room.


I placed my fall swag over my dining room mirror...


I know it is a little early for Halloween decorations, but I have a lot of Halloween decorations. It is Ryan's favorite holiday so we have hosted Halloween parties over the last few years and I tend to go a little overboard with decorations.

I thought these were toned down enough to go ahead and use in my kitchen. I picked up the spooky tree recently at World Market.


Now my armoire's display looks a little sad and puny to me now that I see them in a photograph...I have a vase of acorns and a black owl (another find this fall at TJ Maxx) sitting on top. I am thinking I might need to do something a little taller so this might be changed out soon!

Does anyone else enjoy decorating for the fall? I could spend all day going in and out of gift stores right now looking at all of the fabulous decorations. If you have anything special that you have found this fall, please share!

Happy Fall!

No comments: