Friday, October 1, 2010

I love all things retro...

It really isn't healthy. I see these boxes of Quisp cereal sitting on the shelves at Food Lion and feel this need to throw a couple of boxes into my shopping cart. I wasn't even there to pick up cereal.


But I remember eating this cereal as a kid and it has this really strange affect on me. I had to come home and look up this cereal on the Internet to make sure I wasn't just making this stuff up because I couldn't figure out why exactly they would still be manufacturing and selling this cereal that I don't think was ever very popular to begin with.


So here is the lowdown...Quisp was introduced in 1965 by the Quaker Oats Company but it was probably best remembered in the 1970's. Amazingly enough, they discontinued the cereal later in the '70's due to low sales but then brought it back in the '80's, '90's, and in 2001 because obviously, this is a cereal that they just won't let die.


Now they sell it online - I mean who actually orders Quisp online?!? And...they sell it occasionally at Food Lion, Marc's and the Dollar General.


I for one, am so glad I happened to be at Food Lion that day!

No comments: