Friday, October 10, 2008

Mom of the Year Award...I don't think so!



O.K. this is what my kids had for their afterschool snack today...candy corn (very timely I think) and sour patch watermelons (not so much). But look at those smiles on their faces and it bought me an extra 10 minutes to play around on the computer. Besides, they need to be nice and sugared up when we take them to Ryan's elementary school book fair tonight!

On another note, take a look at Emma's style choice. And when I say "Emma's style choice" that is exactly what I mean because I am no longer deemed fit to pick out her clothing for the day. On top of that, she is insistent on changing her outfits multiple times during the day. It is 3:30 p.m. and this is her fourth clothing change so far today. Part of me is secretly delighted that she is such a little fashionista at the young age of 3, but then I realize that this is probably not a good thing. It is probably fate coming to kick me in the backside for falling prey to every cute seasonal necessity, must-have label, and sample sale deal. This could be the beginning of a very dark storm...

On the light side of things, it should keep things interesting around the house. Let's see what she selects for the very upscale family book fair tonight...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought candy corn was a vegetable and the sour watermelon candies surely classify as a fruit? Kind of like chocolate ice cream--sugar cane is a vegetable, cocoa beans are a protein, and milk is dairy! You are a great mom.