Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving with the O'Briens

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! We traveled to my parent's house on Callawassie Island for Thanksgiving this year. It is always a treat to get out of cooking all of the food and cleaning the house every now and then and letting it fall to someone else!

My parents always do a fabulous job hosting Thanksgiving and this year J.T., Kassi, and their two adorable daughters, Evie and Addison came as well for the festivities. The above photo is my handsome brother J.T. and his sweet baby girl, Addison.


You will notice that I make myself scarce in the kitchen area because it is very important for someone to take pictures and document the day's events...right? So another great photo of my handsome husband Michael and my adorable son Ryan.

And think about it...they are not in the kitchen either now! Are they?

But let's face it, the real excitement comes when it is time to play a round or two of "Ring Around the Rosie." Here my dad and brother are getting into action with Avery and Evie. "Ring Around the Rosie" is Avery's all-time favorite game. EVER. It's just so hysterical when everyone falls down.

Don't you miss those days when the greatest moments of your life revolved around games like these? I do. Every day. I curse the fact that I keep getting older.

Again, I digress...Back to the game. So you can actually watch it in action here. "Ring around the rosie. Pocket full of posies..."

"Ashes, ashes..."
"We all fall dooowwwnnn..."

Avery's expression is priceless in this photo. You can tell she just had the best time ever. EVER.



Ohhh, but there is much more fun to be had. Next comes along, "Pet My Duck." My dad loves getting his faux pet swan out for everyone to see.

Not really, but that would be really funny.

And this is an action shot. Avery trying to lick cousin Addison. You can see the concentration on her face...Addison's probably thinking, "Please, nooooo!"

Here she comes again. Addison remembers what happened the last time Avery got near her. Avery was very nice and gave her cousin a sweet hug. She was probably still high off of the last game of "Ring Around the Rosie!"

I don't know how I managed not to capture any photos of the culinary feast that was center of attention that day. But I didn't. I can say, however, it was all fantastic. Thank you Mom and Dad for having us all over!

No comments: