Saturday, January 24, 2009

Creamy Cauliflower Soup

I am a confessed blog junkie. I love clothing, home decorating, news, gossip (horrible I know), and cooking. So there are a number of blog sites that I take time out of each day to read. And one of my favorite cooking blogsites (although she does so much more than just recipes) is the Pioneer Woman Cooks at http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/. Ree Drummond does such a fantastic job taking photographs and documenting each step in her cooking process and posts terrific recipes regularly. So if you haven't checked her site out and you enjoy spending time in the kitchen, I highly recommend that you take time to peruse what she's got out there.

When I am having a really bad day, there is nothing more that I want to do then spend hours standing in my kitchen cooking and baking. Part of what I enjoy about being at home during the day is the fact I can stop whatever I am doing (most of the time) and go to town creating something. Yesterday was not a good day in the Hawkins' household, so needless to say I went through my pantry to see what I had on hand and got busy baking chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies.

And then to make the day even better, I tried out one of Ree's newer recipes for cauliflower soup - http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/01/cauliflower-soup/. I followed her recipe step by step but I also added some corn and some cheese to my version. We enjoyed the soup for dinner last night alongside stuffed baked potatoes. It was delicious! I am a major soup person in the cold months so I am always game for trying new recipes for warm soups. For some reason canned soups just don't do it for me. And as an added bonus, this recipe made enough for at least three more meals!

As much as I love being in the kitchen most of the time, I try and stay out of it over the weekends. So cauliflower soup will be dominating our dinner table over the next couple of days!

No comments: