Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hopefully everyone had a nice Valentine's weekend. We sort of stretched our festivities out over Friday and Saturday. Avery's preschool had another babysitting evening fundraiser so we were able to drop all three of the kids off at the church from the hours of 5-9 p.m. They had a lot of fun between the movies, a puppet show, dancing, art activities and a hot dog dinner.


So Michael and I took advantage of the evening and had dinner at Lexington Arms Restaurant in Lexington. I was able to get a $25 coupon for $4 from http://www.restaurant.com/ and it helped us enjoy a very nice evening of steak and lobster (me) and prime rib (Michael). We had several hours to kill after dinner and to tell the truth, we were trying very hard to come up with things to do for two hours before picking up the kids. We ended up browsing the bookstore and picked up our dry cleaning. It was exciting! Now I know why we don't go out much!


I kid. I don't know if it was so much us - or the lack of things to do in our hopping little town of Lexington! Plus, when you are pregnant the after dinner drink just doesn't jive. Oh well!


Ryan woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick and sure enough he had caught a stomach virus. So he spent all day Saturday and part of Sunday in bed. It kind of hampered my Valentine plans for the kids a little bit since I had planned out a fun dinner for them. I made everything anyway, although little got eaten that night.


I hit up the Dollar Store and got each of them Valentine balloons. Then I made heart shaped pepperoni pizzas, sliced strawberries, Jello heart shaped jigglers, pink lemonade and Valentine cupcakes.


These are the pizzas before they went into the oven. When they came out of the oven, they didn't resemble hearts nearly as much.


Emma and Avery had the entire table to themselves. I had to bring Ryan's Valentine meal up to him in bed by tray. I don't think he ate anything except for the strawberries.


Michael made dinner for me Saturday evening after the kids were fed. He tried a new recipe and made chicken primavera. He is starting cook a little bit more in the kitchen since lately I have had no desire to be anywhere near the kitchen. I am just going through a stage where nothing ever sounds good to eat. So Michael is starting to fend for himself knowing that his other options are making a sandwich or bringing in take-out.

After dinner and the kids were put to bed, we rented "Burn After Reading" since we hadn't seen a movie in awhile. Unfortunately, me and movies don't get along anymore either and I slept all the way through it. How romantic!

No comments: