Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I had a great day spent with the kids and Michael and thought I'd share a few photos taken throughout the day.

After church, we went to the Lexington Crab Shack for Sunday Brunch. After we finished our meal, we fed the ducks around the pond outside and walked around the Old Mill building. Inside the building, we stopped to take a few pictures of the three kids.


The sweet girls...


The best photo would could grab of the three of them together...


We don't eat at the Crab Shack very often, but when we do the kids get very excited about the prospect of feeding the ducks. Peanuts of all things...So they scooped up peanuts (available at the restaurant) and started throwing them towards the ducks. We had to explain a few times that we don't throw food directly at the ducks' bodies.


The ducks ate their fill of peanuts and then some.


Here are just a few shots of the kids feeding the ducks...


I was so panicked that the kids would slip down the hill into the water so I didn't get as many good pictures as I would have liked. Swimming lessons here we come this summer!

After we got home, I was able to open presents from the kids. Each of them made something at school and brought it home which was perfect. The homemade gifts are always what I look forward to the most!


Emma did this lovely painting and she also decorated a flower pot for me.


Ryan presented me with several things including my own comic book starring myself. It is titled, "Super Jamey" and he drew illustrations of both him and me decked out in our superhero attire.

Ryan with his personalized presents.


Ryan also decorated this lovely picture magnet that is now proudly hanging on my refrigerator!

Avery made this lovely flower vase for me tracing her fingers and cutting them out to create the flower petals - very clever! She also hand-painted/finger-painted several note cards for me that are so precious I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to actually use them!

So you can see Michael and the kids made Mother's Day very special this year. It's hard to believe there will be four little ones to celebrate with next year!

No comments: