Thursday, August 6, 2009

Let me say it again...I love Etsy!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been busy trying to get Eden settled into our house by getting her wardrobe in order and decorating her nursery. I chose the Kimberly Grant bedding pictured above before we had Eden as a gender neutral choice. We painted the walls of the nursery a very light blue called "Beach House" and set up the bedding. It doesn't look quite as busy as it does in this picture and the light blue offers a nice contrast. I wanted something with the greens and blues mixed in with brown so this pattern covered all of the bases.

As you can see, it is not the most feminine design but I thought if we had a girl, I could make it more girly by adding the wall hangings and decorations with a feminine touch.


I found this handpainted canvas on Etsy and e-mailed the artist to see if she could do something with Eden's bedroom colors along the same line.



And then I found another artist on Etsy that makes these adorable custom bow holders. She is painting one for Eden's room using sage green and brown colors and it will be personalized with her name "Eden Presley."

You would think with this being my third daughter I would be all set in the wardrobe area. However, this is the first warm weather baby we have had so all of my newborn and 0-3 clothing items are for the cold winter months. So I have been picking up a few things here and there.

Things such as this much needed hat with a custom made bow! Isn't it too cute!


And then I found another person on Etsy who was selling this package deal of hat, bow and personalized onesie. So the onesie will have Eden's name on it once complete.

As I have mentioned before...I love Etsy!

No comments: