Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Callawassie Island

This past weekend we took a short trip to spend some time with my parents at Callawassie Island. My husband took these beautiful nature photographs while we were there...

We had a very enjoyable time over at their home. It always has a very relaxful, vacation feel in their community - not something I usually feel at my house!

Waiting on Grandma and Grandpa to visit the pool nearby...

Michael and the kids entertained themselves with a game of Candyland.

We made it to the pool and it was such a gorgeous day - not too hot or humid. The kids spent the afternoon swimming around.

Ryan enjoyed playing with Grandpa...

Avery just floated around the pool by herself with her floaties. The child has NO fear of water.

After the pool time we came back to my parent's home and you can see, Eden was just worn out. It is hard work napping in the shade near the pool for several hours.

She did eventually wake up though.

The girls played with Play-Doh on the back porch.

Ryan, Michael and my dad ventured off to the dock to set the bait in their crab trap.

Ryan got a big kick out of this and was very proud that he helped set the bait.

My dad called later to let Ryan know that they had caught five blue crabs with the bait. We are so glad we were able to spend time with my parents and had such a nice visit. They are always the perfect hosts!

No comments: