Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Boo" - I'm a ghost...in a tutu

No, this is not my child pictured above. I had to share my latest craft project because let's face it...I'm not that crafty. I had seen these ghost costumes for sale on Etsy and Ebay and considered buying one for Eden to wear Halloween. (And, yes, I have always dressed my babies up for the occasion even though they do not trick-or-treat.)

I thought they were cute and girly at the same time. While shopping at Wal-Mart I found the ghost onesie for $3.00 and decided then, that I would attempt to make a tutu for the first time. I found directions on the Internet and purchased my elastic and toile.

While Michael and Ryan were enjoying the haunted sights at the camping trip last Saturday, I made the tutu while watching football.

I am excited to say that it is finished and it looks like a tutu! I even made a toile poof bow for her to wear on her headband. I can't wait to try the whole costume on Eden. And she will get lots of wear out of it...We are having a Halloween party for neighborhood kids and parents on Friday, and Saturday we are attending a wedding reception where costumes are encouraged and of course, she can show it off to trick-or-treaters as she helps Mommy hand out candy.

I'll share pictures once I try it on her. Right now Avery is napping in Eden's room, so I do not dare try to pull it out of her closet. The best thing is...I only spent $7.00 on the entire thing, including the onesie!

No comments: