Monday, August 30, 2010

First day of preschool

Today marked Avery's first day of 3-year-old preschool at Saxe Gotha. She has been so excited for this day since her big brother and sister started elementary school a week and a half ago.

Every morning I step into Emma and Avery's shared bedroom to nudge Emma awake so she can begin to get ready for her new school day, and each morning Avery pops out of bed first and throws on her clothes eager to begin the day while Emma twists and turns trying to get back to sleep.

In fact, she was upset with the fact that we weren't leaving at 7:00 a.m. to go to preschool. I had to explain that her school doesn't begin each morning until 9:00 a.m.

We made our way into the building and stopped to take a few pictures along the way.

At this point, we are outside of her new classroom and she is a little unsure if she still really wants to join the other kids. I walked her in and she found something to keep her preoccupied. She loves the peg art toy they have in the classroom! It is something similar to this...


It is always the older vintage toys that hold the children's attention a little longer. The little peg pieces make me nervous around a crawling baby but I think Avery could sit at the table and play with this for hours. Something we might consider in the future...

I think Avery had a good first day of preschool although I had some difficulty pulling details from her day. She explained that they had Goldfish crackers for a snack and she got to play on the big playground. But then she said, "Nobody likes me!"

Hmmm...I'm thinking that is probably not the case and she'll require a few more days to warm up to her new classmates!

No comments: