Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Make-up Day

So...I am at the very end of this pregnancy and as anyone who has been pregnant knows, it is no fun at the end. It has been more than a little uncomfortable lately and of course, life doesn't let up so one can rest and relax.

I don't mean to complain, I feel very blessed to be carrying this little girl and I don't take it for granted. However, it takes a lot to make me laugh out loud right now.

Avery managed to accomplish that task last night and I knew if I didn't write it down here I would probably forget it. I was taking Avery to dance class last night and as we were driving there she started asking me about her school make-up day this Friday.

Since the kids missed a week of elementary school and preschool during our snow event a while back, we now have three days to make-up and the first of those three is this Friday. Generally, preschools do not have make-up days but I guess because they lost a week of school they decided to add days to the schedule.

Avery does not normally have preschool on Fridays so this Friday is her first make-up day. I have been explaining this to her this week since it is out of the ordinary.

Avery's question as we drove to dance class: "Mommy, what kind of make-up do I get to wear on Friday?"

Me: "What are you talking about Avery?"

"Do I get to wear your make-up or do I get my own make-up?"

I finally made the connection (pregnancy brain) and started laughing. I then, of course, had to try to explain what "make-up" meant in this scenario.

She was a little disappointed that she didn't actually get to wear make-up but handled it very maturely!

No comments: