Monday, February 9, 2009

Please Pray for Katie Fitch

***Update: Katie passed away on her birthday, Sunday, February 15, 2009. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

I have been following Angie Smith's blog, Bring the Rain, for some time now. If you are not familiar with her site, I strongly encourage you to take a look. She is inspirational to read. Angie keeps up with many prayer requests through her Twitter account and I have been following a number of blogsites documenting several small children's fights with cancer.

Katie Fitch is the little 3-year old girl in the photo above and her older sister has been keeping a journal of Katie's progresses and set-backs in her fight with hepatoblastoma, a type of childhood cancer. Katie lives in Florence, South Carolina and I have been especially touched by her story since she is in such close proximity to us. Maybe because I am pregnant, or maybe just because I have a little girl her age, it is difficult to see how much she is struggling as she is not expected to be here much longer.

I just ask that you keep Katie and her family in your prayers and keep praying for a miracle that only God can provide to heal Katie completely.

No comments: