Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eden's Ice Cream Shoppe

Here are some of the pictures from Eden's first birthday party held last Saturday. As I've mentioned, I decided to do an "ice cream shoppe" theme quite awhile ago based on some party ideas I had seen on other blogs.

I made the little pink, brown and white labels for all of our dessert items and I had a lot of fun "collecting" pink colored yummies to use on the dessert table over the last week or so. It is amazing how much you can find in a certain color palate when you pay attention. We had strawberry malt balls, pink chocolate balls, pink taffy, pink lemonade...You get the idea!

I had a picture of Eden as a newborn framed on the table.

The strawberry malt balls...I wasn't sure what these would taste like but they are actually quite good and I'm not a big strawberry flavored person.

I decided to do cupcakes instead of a more traditional birthday cake but wanted them to look pretty so I broke down and bought an icing decorating kit with various tips and the disposable icing bags. I had so much fun decorating the cupcakes! I could sit there and do that all day long if my kids let me :) The fondant ice cream cone toppers I found on Etsy and I thought they were so cute!

I made ice cream cone cupcakes which were a hit with the kids!


And we had "1" shaped cookies as well.

July is one of the hottest months in S.C., so most guests spent time indoors or on the screened porch, but Josie and Avery ventured out to do a little swinging. I thought it was sweet how Avery was trying to give her a push!


My birthday girl and me...

Ryan taking in the dessert table...


Pink and white marshmallows found at Wal-Mart!
The kids had a great time selecting their toppings for their personalized sundaes.


Eden getting ready to dive-in to her first taste of cake!


Most of it ended up all over her face!

Avery was not wasting a bit of her sundae - she opted to put a straw in after it melted and drank the rest!



A few of the girls enjoying their sundaes outside.

No comments: